If you are a member of the American Library Association, please consider joining the LibraryLab, BoingBoing’s latest partnership with the ALA and Librarians everywhere!
Oh, the glorious geekdom venn diagrams that can be formed between these two powerful groups!
From the Library BoingBoing ALA member page:
To bring librarians and Boing Boing readers (aka, Happy Mutants) together to generate support for and raise interest in libraries via projects at local libraries.
- Help find and propose content about libraries that could be posted to Boing Boing.
- Provide active ways for Happy Mutants to support and get involved with their local libraries (eg, toolkits, best practices, ideas for local projects).
- Create dynamic programming at library conferences that Library Boing Boingers can then take outside of the library community to promote libraries (eg, SxSW, local community events, etc.).
- Work together to help Happy Mutants advance our shared interests (eg, copyright reform, net neutrality, game culture, digital divide issues, open government, etc.).
- Coordinate an international community of librarians working with their own Happy Mutant groups.